• Glamping Surf Camp by the beach in Porto
• Sleep in private or shared big tipi tents
• Linen included & comfortable mattresses
• 7 breakfast and 5 dinners included
• 5 surf lessons based on your level
• Free use of the surf gear the whole week
• Private access to the beach = no crowds
• Guests and crew from all over the world
Whether it is your first time or you have already surfed a few times before but can´t catch a green wave yet, this is for you! You will learn or have a refresh of the basics of surfing. We will teach you and guide you towards riding your first waves by yourself in a safe environment and aim to ride your first green waves by the end of the week. This is the basic package included when you book a shared or private tipi. From 365€ pp/week.
If you can already ride a green wave by yourself, then this is the package for you. You will perfect your surfing skills with lessons in smaller groups for intermediate and advanced surfers. We focus on the areas you want to improve: perfecting the take-off, turning, doing the bottom turn and riding along the green wave. We film you and do a video analysis so you get the most of it. This is an add-on to the basic package. 50€ pp/week.
Surf and Yoga go hand in hand. Yoga helps to increase core strength and flexibility which gives you more balance, power and ultimately improves your surfing. It´s also a nice relaxing time where you are in touch with the elements as we either have the yoga classes on the beach or in our relaxation tent. This package includes 4 yoga classes and can be added to the basic package as well as the green waves package. 45€ for 4 Yoga lessons.
Where is the Surf Camp?
Where is the surf camp?
Our surf camp is based in the north of Portugal, on a little beach village called Estela in the municipality of Póvoa de Varzim about 30km north of Porto. Click here for Google maps link
Our surf camp is based at the camping park of Orbitur Rio Alto, a 4-star rated campsite certified and recognized by the quality of its services and its facilities. It is located right in front of the beach with direct and private access to the beach. It has free wifi, shower blocks with continuous hot water, a mini-market, restaurant, bar, self-service, social halls, free swimming-pool for users and a playground for kids. Check the camping park website here.
The beach is a quiet beach due to its private access and only customers of the surf camp and the camping park can access it, this means we are the only surfers there. You can surf with no crowds.
How do I get to the surf camp?
We have a free shuttle from the metro Póvoa de Varzim to the Surf Camp, check below for details.
- If you want to travel from Porto or the airport by public transport, you’ll find some helpful links below. You can take the metro to Póvoa de Varzim (line B) and get a free shuttle to the camp from there. If you want to use this service, please let us know your arrival time in Póvoa de Varzim. More information on https://www.porto.fr/metro.
- If you arrive by car, enter the following address into your navigation system: Camping Orbitur Rio Alto, EN 13 - Km 13, Lugar do Rio Alto, 4570-275 Estela - Póvoa de Varzim. You can park your car on the external car park of the campsite or inside the campsite, both come with additional costs payable upon arrival directly to the camping park. Click here for Google maps link.
- If you would like to be picked up from Porto airport (OPO) and taken directly to the surf camp, you can either get a taxi for about 40€ (there are always taxis waiting when exiting the airport) or you can get an uber. If you would like to book a bigger taxi (up to 8 people) please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org we would be happy to help.
Once you arrive at the campsite Orbitur Rio Alto, go to the reception and let them know that you’re staying with I Surf Portugal, they will guide you to the surf camp. In the evening, you will meet with the rest of the crew and the other guests to enjoy a welcome meal together!
What time are check-ins and checkouts?
Check-in is possible from 3 pm
Checkouts are at 11 am
What do I need to bring?
- Towels for the beach and for the bathroom
- Warm clothing for the evenings (it can get cool at night)
- Sunscreen and sun hats etc.
- EU electricity adapter (for guests from the UK or outside EU)
- All bedding and linen
- Parasols and windbreaker if needed
- All surf gear
Can I arrive and leave on any day?
During low season, 23/05/2020 to 04/7/2020 & 29/08/2020 to 26/09/2020, you can arrive and leave on different days than on Saturdays as long as you stay a minimum of 7 nights. However, if you can, we recommend you check-in and out on Saturdays as we have a weekly schedule. If you are interested in a customised package, please get in touch with us.
During high season, 04/07/2020 to 29/08/2020, arrivals and departures are always on Saturdays.
I would like to stay more than 1 week, is there any discount?
Yes, there is! There is a 10% discount on the price of the accommodation for the second week and after. Get in touch for a quote or to book.
What language are the surf lessons taught?
Adult surf lessons are usually taught in English, but if you are not comfortable with English our surf instructors also speak German, Dutch, French, and Spanish. Let us know if that's the case and we'll make sure you'll have the right surf instructor.
I have a special diet, can I still come?
We also cater for vegetarians and vegans! Let us know if you have special diet requirements or food intolerance when you book, so we can make sure that we can cater to your needs.
How far is the beach from the camp?
The beach is a 2-minute walk from the camp.
How can I book?
The easiest way is to book online directly, just click on Book Now and you'll be taken to a secure payment page. If you have any questions you can always contact us and we'll be happy to help.
We require a 50% deposit at the time of booking to secure your reservation, the remaining 50% is due up to 30 days before arrival.
What is your cancellation policy?
If for any reason you decide to cancel your booking up to 30 days before arrival, you will get a full refund. If you cancel between 30 days and 2 weeks before arrival you will get a refund of 50% of the total price. There are no refunds if you cancel less than 2 weeks before arrival.
You can check our full Terms and conditions here.
For more information or to book off-season dates, please get in touch.