I Surf Portugal - Terms and conditions
- By booking through our website isurfportugal.com, by phone or email ([email protected]) or an online reseller or booking platform you confirm you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions herein stated. When making a booking you are entering into a contract with SURFECTION Unipessoal Lda (referred to as SURFECTION throughout this page). The website is owned by SURFECTION and you can find all the legal information about the company at the bottom of this page.
- SURFECTION reserves the right to make modifications, but only if these modifications do not change the essential services or are due to unexpected and uncontrollable situations.
- Our website is payment-secured with an SSL certification. You can verify it by checking the https address and green keylock on the left-hand side of the address bar of your web browser. You can use your credit card safely to make payments online, we do not store your card details.
- In order to secure a Surf Lesson (Surf in Azurara or Surf School Porto), payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
- Bookings for Surf Camp packages require a 50% deposit, this ensures your spot is guaranteed and no one else is able to take it. A booking is only secured once we receive the deposit.
When you book with us your spot is guaranteed and therefore no one else is able to book the same spot, if you cancel it becomes very difficult to fill that spot again. Each booking also has costs associated with it.
That´s why instead of providing cash refunds, we offer vouchers valid for 3 years that you can use to reschedule your surf holiday at another date.
- We will provide you with a voucher (as a gift certificate) of 100% of the deposit paid when the cancellation is made 30 days or more before the original start date.
- You will receive a voucher of 75% of the deposit paid when you cancel between 21 days and 30 days before the start date
- You will receive a voucher of 50% of the deposit paid when you cancel between 14 days and 21 days before the start date.
- There is no refund if you cancel within less than two weeks before the start.
If you need to cancel your surf camp stay please let us know as soon as you know, the cancellation will be valid the day we receive it.
We recommend you to contract a travel insurance that covers for late cancellations as well as for medical expenses you could incur if an accident was to happen during your holiday (check our Insurance terms below).
When booking lessons for Azurara or Surf School Porto, you will get a refund for the deposit paid if you cancel up to 2 days before the surf lesson. No refunds for cancellations less than 48 hours prior or no shows.
We reserve the right to change our cancellation policies at any time without prior notification. Our policies may change in events of Force Majeure.
In all cases, we will always try to find the best outcome that works for our customers and our company.
As required by Portuguese laws we have civil responsibility insurance and sports accident insurance. Our insurances only cover accidents that may happen during our surf classes and transportation on vehicles belonging to SURFECTION. This means that accidents that may happen while surfing outside our surf lessons (board rental or free use of the gear in our surf camp) are not included. We strongly advise you to take travel insurance prior to the start of your holiday.
SURF CAMP ACCOMMODATION
The Surf Camp accommodation is provided in Guest Houses/hostels/hotels, apartments or Orbitur Rio Alto camping park in Póvoa de Varzim depending on the dates chosen. All accommodations have high standards and are top-rated in Booking.com, they are excellent for an amazing surf camp holiday.
Each accommodation provider is operated individually with their own Terms & Conditions, by booking a surf camp package with us you are also agreeing to their Terms and Conditions.
SURF LESSONS, SURF CAMP & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customers must be physically fit and capable of swimming 25 meters in the sea. The client confirms that from a medical point of view, there is nothing that prevents him/her from going surfing, bodyboarding or any sports activity.
- The minimum age of participants in the Surf Camp is 18 years old (Please inquire for exceptions).
- There is no minimum age for surf lessons as long as they can swim 25 meters in the sea by themselves, but we reserve the right to refuse students based on health, physical ability or fitness in order to maintain the highest level of safety for everyone.
- Each customer will be required to fill in an enrolment form and sign an indemnity form before the first lesson or beginning of the surf camp stay. We require that you communicate any relevant medical conditions: injuries, allergies, disabilities, medical incapacities, etc.
- Customers under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medication or any other substance that would impair their senses will not be allowed to attend the classes.
- Each customer is responsible for the equipment during its use and accepts the responsibility to replace it or pay an indemnity in case of loss or serious damage by inappropriate use or lack of care. Participants are responsible for immediately reporting any damage caused to the equipment or damage which becomes apparent whilst the equipment is in their possession
- While SURFECTION does not seek to limit or exclude any liability for personal injury or loss of life which may occur as a result of the school’s own negligence, or that of its employees, officers or agents; it assumes no liability in respect to any personal injury, loss, damage, consequential loss or third party claims which occur through no fault of its own, its employees, officers or agents. All other liability or conditions implied by law are excluded to the fullest extent possible.
- Clients are strictly required to follow the instructions of their instructor, with special attention to the safety rules. In the case of injury inform your teacher without any delay.
- The time of the day at which surf lessons take place, depend on weather, tide and wave conditions and are decided by the responsible surfing instructor and communicated to you before the surf lesson.
- Weather and wave conditions are absolutely out of our control and therefore we can never guarantee the best surfing conditions. We do however make the most effort to be updated on recent forecasts to be able to decide for best surfing times and locations. Should the responsible surfing instructor cancel surf lessons due to dangerous or insufficient weather and wave conditions, SURFECTION will reschedule or refund the surf lesson.
- If this event would occur during the surf camp week we will organize alternative activities to replace surfing, no refunds would be made.
MARKETING MATERIAL & PRICES
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our brochures and website, each is intended only as a guide of our services. SURFECTION is relieved of any liability due to any errors or omissions the brochures and website may contain, or any minor discrepancies between the brochure and website’s service descriptions/content and the service in itself. Any likeness or image of you taken during any of our surf courses or that we secure from you from your holiday photos, may be used by us without charge in all media for genuine promotional and/or marketing purposes. This includes promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures, leaflets, videos, and the Internet. If you would prefer not to be used in any promotional materials, please inform us in writing prior to the start of your surf course.
The prices displayed on this website and brochures are valid at the time of publication. SURFECTION reserves the right to increase or reduce any of these prices any time after publication.
COMPANY INFORMATION & CONTACTS
SURFECTION Unipessoal Lda
NIF / EU VAT: PT 514 294 663
Turismo de Portugal – RNAAT no 368/2017
Head Office (For post only):
Rua Porto Alexandre 5, 3º andar
4490-163 – Póvoa de Varzim
Phone: +351 933 740 932
email: [email protected]
COUNTRY OF JURISDICTION: PORTUGAL
The Content of this Website is protected by copyright and the use of texts, images, and design is not allowed without prior consent.