PORTO SURF CAMP
ADULT & FAMILY SURF CAMPS IN NORTH PORTUGAL
I surf Portugal Porto Surf Camp brings you the best of Portugal in one surfing holiday package. We are based in Póvoa de Varzim, in the district of Porto (also known as Oporto Portugal) in the north of Portugal and have partnered with the best local accommodation providers so you can enjoy an unforgettable surf holiday in Portugal.
We have 2 surfcamp packages, one available to adults (over 18) and one specially made for families. You will not only learn to surf, but will also taste delicious Portuguese food, visit the amazing city of Porto, practice some yoga, relax on the beach, sunbathe and watch the best sunset in Europe. You will go back with wonderful memories of fun times with all the new friends that you will meet at the surfcamp from all around the world.
We will do everything to ensure you have the best holiday of your life. By the end of the week, you would have experienced the surfer lifestyle, understand the techniques of surfing, stand up on a surfboard and surf the waves of Porto.
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
2019 PRICE LIST
SOME MORE INFO
2019 Season: 6 April to 2 November 2019
Mid Season: 6 April to 15 June 2019 &
14 September to 2 November 2019
High Season: 15 June to 14 September 2019
Family Surfcamp: 22 June to 14 September 2019
Private rooms: Prices are per person. All private rooms require the same amount of people as the room type (2 people for double rooms and 3 people for triple rooms)
Private room for 1: If you are travelling solo, and you want your own private bedroom just for you, no problem! You just need to add 105€ per week to the private room price in mid-season and 140€ in high season.
Extra night accommodation: 18€ per person in a dorm room in mid-season and 22€ in high season.
50€ per private room in mid-season and 60€ per private room in high season (per room not per person).
Extra surf lesson: 20€ after the 5th surf lesson
Yoga lesson: 15€ per lesson or 40€ for 4
YOU CAN ALWAYS BUILD YOUR OWN SURFCAMP PACKAGE
JUST TELL US WHAT YOU WANT (NIGHTS, SURF LESSONS, YOGA, ETC.)
ADULT SURF CAMP
- Accommodation in the best local hostel
- Surf lessons with experienced surf instructors
- Surf gear (surfboards, neoprene wetsuits, t-shirts)
- Free use of the surf gear outside of the surf lessons
- Daily transport to the surf beach
- Surf lessons insurance
- Free day to visit Porto
FAMILY SURF CAMP
- Accommodation in tipi tents in a 4-star camping park
- Breakfast and dinner included (lunch optional)
- Use of the surf gear included for the week (surfboards, neoprene wetsuits)
- Kids under 3 stay for free and reduced price for 3 to 5 years old
- Babysitter included during parents surf or yoga lessons
- Extra tent available at a reduced price and free baby cot
- Surf Camp on the beach with swimming pool, kids playground, café, and restaurant
- Surf lessons and Yoga classes packs available
WHY CHOOSE US
- Great value and flexible surf package
- 5-star reviews on Facebook and Tripadvisor
- Cheap flights to Porto, Portugal from your closest airport
- Easy to get to the surfcamp from the airport (by metro)
- Certified Surf school from the Portuguese Surfing Federation
- Beautiful wild beach with sand dunes and clean water
- Perfect location to learn to surf and spend your holidays
We have partnered with the best local accommodation providers for the Adult Surf Camp to give you the best surf camp experience at the best price. Choose a dorm bed package, a private room for 2 or 3, or a private room just for you. All our partners have free Wifi.
Our Family Surf Camp is based in a 4-star camping park located right on the beach, it has all the amenities needed to have a great family holiday: swimming pool, playground, café, restaurant... You will be sleeping in a tipi tent with your family, you can have an extra tent at a reduced price if you have a bigger family or the teens want their own space!
Yoga and surf go together like sand and saltwater. The benefits of Yoga on surfing are pretty significant. Yoga helps you focus your energy and clear your mind. On a physical level, it helps strengthen your body and gain flexibility as well as improve your breathing. All important factors when it comes to developing your surfing skills.
Book your Surf Yoga experience online or once you arrive.
You will never be bored during your Surf Camp holiday. There are a lot of activities to choose from when you are not surfing, from yoga, games to just chilling out at the beach. You can always tell us what you like and we can try and arrange it for you.
- Day trip to Porto. Discover this amazing city voted Best European destination 2017!!!
- Party! Summer is great in Portugal with lots of bars, music festivals and local animation
- Chilling at the beach and enjoy the amazing sunset
- Stand Up Paddle (SUP) on the river or the sea.
- And more...
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The surfcamp package has been put together so that you have very little to arrange for this awesome holiday. Simply buy your week surfcamp and your airplane ticket to Francisco Sa Carneiro Airport in Porto, Portugal and enjoy the best holidays of your life.
You don’t have to worry about transport, accommodation or renting out surfing material, etc. it’s all included in the package:
- Surf lessons: 5 surf lessons in the water are included in the price. We will make sure you can stand up by yourself by the end of the week. You will also learn the essential theory to be a real surfer.
- Accommodation: You will stay in a top-rated Hostel/Guest House in Póvoa de Varzim. An amazing beach town a few kilometres from Porto.
- Free Wifi: so you can post photos of your incredible time here on Facebook and Instagram.
- Surfing material: Surfboards and wetsuits are provided and yoga mats are also provided if you purchase the yoga surf camp package.
- Visit Porto: There is a day trip to Porto on one day during the week. We will take the metro to Porto and take you to the most iconic places in this beautiful city. Porto has won the Best European destination of 2017. This is your chance to visit this stunning city. A return metro ticket is approximately 5€ will need to be paid by you on the day we visit Porto.
- Yoga: We have an amazing Yoga teacher, Teresa Mariz who has been practising for over 15 years and teaches in 3 locations in Portugal. She will make sure you stay relaxed and in good shape. We provide you with yoga mats to use. We cater for all levels of yoga enthusiasts from beginner to the more experienced. You can always get Yoga lessons outside of the Yoga package for 15€ per lesson.
- Other activities: You will have some free time when you are not surfing or visiting Porto, we have weekly activities you can take part in such as Yoga, Kayak, Stand Up Paddle, you can also play golf in the best golf course in the north of Portugal or go horse riding. If you just want to chill on the beach, no problem, the accommodation is 5 mins walk to the beach where you can see the best sunset in Europe. Póvoa de Varzim is a very lively town and there is a lot of entertainment during the summer, from restaurants to street concerts, bars and nightclubs or festivals.
- Insurance: Insurance is only included for surf lessons. However, any incident outside of the surf lesson is not included in our insurance. We highly recommend that you buy travel insurance to make sure you are covered if anything happens during your holiday.
What’s not included
- Food, but the north of Portugal is renowned for very good food at an affordable price (Breakfast will cost you about 3€ in a café, lunch about 6€ and dinner between 10€ & 15€ at local restaurants)
- Return metro ticket for the day trip to Porto (approx 5€ return)
- Travel insurance. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance before departing your country of origin
- Other activities you decide to do outside the surf camp
- Transport: It’s very easy to get to the surfcamp by metro from the Porto airport (OPO) and will cost you about 3€ each way. If you prefer, we can also pick you up at an extra cost of 25€ per person or 50€ for 2 or more people.
We have put together an itinerary that goes for a week from Saturday to Saturday but you can just join us at any time you want. You can also decide to have a longer or shorter stay, it’s just up to you.
It is very easy to get to the surf camp from Porto airport (OPO) also known as Francisco Sa Carneiro airport.
First, take the metro line from the airport, there is only 1 line and 1 direction from the airport, so no confusion.
Then, get off two stops later at “Verdes” and change lines to the B line (the red line) direction Póvoa de Varzim.
Póvoa de Varzim is the last stop. From there the accommodation is 5 mins walk.
Once your booking is confirmed we will send you a pdf with all the information on how to get there.
If you prefer, we can also pick you up from the airport or from Porto for a fee of 35€ and 40€ respectively. If you are 2 or more then it is just a flat fee of 70€ up to 8 people.
We have a whole program organised including transport, surf lessons and other activities to start on Saturday and finish the following week on Saturday. We would prefer you arrive at these times, but if you can’t make it for the pick-up time, you are still welcome to join us. If that’s the case, just let us know when you book and we’ll arrange something that works for everyone.
You will need to bring your usual holiday gear (clothes, beach towel, swimmers, sunscreen, etc). Be sure to also bring a jumper and a jacket as it can sometimes be a bit windy at night. But don’t worry you won’t need them during the day, the summer is great here!