PORTO SURF CAMP
SURF, SUN & FUN AT OUR PORTO SURF CAMP
isurfportugal Porto Surf Camp brings you the best of Portugal in one surfing holiday package. We are based in the district of Porto (also known as Oporto Portugal) and have setup this surfcamp so you can enjoy an unforgettable surf holiday in Portugal. You will not only learn to surf, but will also taste delicious Portuguese food, visit the amazing city of Porto, practice some yoga, relax on the beach, sunbathe and watch the best sunset in Europe. You will go back with wonderful memories of fun times with all the new friends that you will meet at the surfcamp from all around the world.
We will do everything to ensure you have the best holiday of your life. By the end of the week, you would have experienced the surfer lifestyle, understand the techniques of surfing, stand up on a surfboard and surf the waves of Porto.
Transport is included in our package so don’t worry about how to get to our Porto Surfcamp. We will simply pick you up from our meeting point in Porto centre or from Porto Airport in and drop you back a week later.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
We have partnered with a top-rated Guest House (rating of 9.6 on Booking.com) to offer an incredible Surf Camp experience. Key features:
- Recently opened new and modern decoration
- Comfortable bunk beds and brand new showers
- Excellent patio and chill out areas
- Breakfast included and food to make your own sandwich lunch
- Welcome BBQ on Saturday night
- Portuguese food and wine degustation night
- Free Wifi
Yoga and surf go together like sand and saltwater. The benefits of Yoga on surfing are pretty significant. Yoga helps you focus your energy and clear your mind. On a physical level, it helps strengthen your body and gain flexibility as well as improve your breathing. All important factors when it comes to developing your surfing skills.
Teresa, our Surfcamp Yoga teacher has over 20 years of practice. Her speciality nowadays is Power Yoga, a fitness-based practice derived from Hatha Yoga. The practice of Yoga at the surf camp will be outdoors as much as possible: on the patio, on the grass at a beautiful park or on the beach at sunset.
Book your Surf Yoga experience in our WEEK YOGA SURFCAMP package.
You will never be bored during your Surf Camp holiday. There are a lot of activities to choose from when you are not surfing, from yoga, games to just chilling out at the beach. You can always tell us what you like and we can try and arrange it for you.
- Day trip to Porto. Discover this amazing city voted Best European destination 2017!!!
- Meet a local shaper to teach you the process of making a surfboard
- Ball games, frisbee, rackets at the beach and board games at the house
- BBQ on Saturday night and Group dinner out other nights
- Party! Summer is great in Portugal with lots of bars, music festivals and local animation
- Chilling at the beach and enjoy the amazing sunset
- And more...
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The surfcamp package has been put together so that you have very little to arrange for this awesome holiday. Simply buy your week surfcamp and your airplane ticket to Francisco Sa Carneiro Airport in Porto, Portugal and enjoy the best holidays of your life.
You don’t have to worry about transport, accommodation or renting out surfing material, etc. it’s all included in the package:
- Transport: We pick you up from Porto or Francisco Sa Carneiro Airport in Porto and drive you back the week after. (See below for times and meeting point)
- Accommodation: You will stay in a top-rated Hostel/Guest House in Póvoa de Varzim and Esposende. Two amazing beach towns a few kilometers from Porto.
- Free Wifi: so you can post photos of your incredible time here on facebook and instagram.
- Food: All breakfasts, all lunches and 2 dinners are included (check the “Is food included in the price?” FAQ for more details).
- Surf lessons: 5 surf lessons in the water are included in the price. We will make sure you can stand up by yourself by the end of the week. You will also learn the essential theory to be a real surfer.
- Surfing material: Surfboards and wetsuits are provided and yoga mats are also provided if you purchase the yoga surfcamp package.
- Visit Porto: There is a day trip to Porto on one day during the week. We will take the metro to Porto and take you to the most iconic places of this beautiful city. Porto has won the Best European destination of 2017. This is your chance to visit this stunning city. A return metro ticket is approximately 5€ will need to be paid by you on the day we visit Porto.
- Yoga: We have an amazing Yoga teacher, Teresa Mariz who has been practising for over 15 years and teaches in 3 locations in Portugal. She will make sure you stay relaxed and in good shape. We provide you with yoga mats to use. We cater for all levels of yoga enthusiasts from beginner to the more experienced.
- Other activities: You will have some free time when you are not surfing or visiting Porto, this is your time to do whatever you want: from sunbathing on the beach to playing beach rackets and beach football or just watching the best sunset in Europe from the beach. Póvoa de Varzim and Esposende are very lively towns and there is a lot of entertainment during the summer, from street concerts, bars and nightclubs or festas. We also have board games if you feel like staying at the guesthouse some nights.
- Insurance: Insurance is only included for surf lessons. However, any incident outside of the surf lesson is not included in our insurance. We highly recommend that you buy travel insurance to make sure you are covered if anything happens during your holiday.
What’s not included
- 5 Dinners (approx 10€ – 15€ each at local restaurants)
- Return metro ticket for the day trip to Porto (approx 5€ return)
- Travel insurance. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance before departing your country of origin
- Other activities you decide to do outside the surf camp
The surf camp goes for 7 days and 7 nights. It starts every Saturday morning, with the pick-up from the meeting point in central Porto and Porto Airport (Francisco Sa Carneiro) and finishes on Saturday a week after.
We have two locations that we can pick you up from:
- 10:30 am every Saturday morning – Porto city center in the car park of Sé do Porto (map).
- 11:00 am every Saturday morning – Porto Francisco Sa Carneiro airport at last stand on the left
Look for the I surf Portugal flag in both locations. Be sure to be at your chosen meeting point at least 15 minutes prior.
Let us know your flight arrival when you book so we can organise ourselves.
We drop you back at Porto airport on Saturday morning the week after around 10:00 am and Porto soon after.
We have a whole program organised including transport, surf lessons and other activities to start on Saturday and finish the following week on Saturday. We would prefer you arrive at these times, but if you can’t make it for the pick-up time, you are still welcome to join us. If that’s the case, just let us know when you book and we’ll arrange something that works for everyone.
7 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 2 dinners are included in the price. The other 5 dinners are not included but don’t worry, we have great deals with some partners to keep the price down.
Breakfast: Continental breakfast is included in the surf camp price. Selection of fresh bread, butter, jams, peanut butter, cereals, milk, juice, ham and cheese.
Lunch: We provide fresh bread every day and a selection of ham and cheese so that you can make your own sandwiches for lunch. (vegetarian options also available on request)
Dinner: We organise a welcome BBQ on Saturday night and a Portuguese degustation night with food and wine during the week.
Vegetarian food is available upon request. When you book, tell us if you are vegetarian, have any allergies or if there is anything you do not eat so that we can organize the welcome BBQ.
There is a 10% discount for groups of 4 or more, but be sure to book early as spots are limited. Send us a message through the contact form to get your discount. We also do everything to put you all in the same room.
You will need to bring your usual holiday gear (clothes, beach towel, swimmers, sunscreen, etc). Be sure to also bring a jumper and a jacket as it can sometimes be a bit windy at night. But don’t worry you won’t need them during the day, the summer is great here!